Author Topic: change tail light bulb in vw jetta  (Read 3875 times)

Offline cjordan217

• 2005 Nissan Titan and 2007 vw jetta Gli
change tail light bulb in vw jetta
« on: November 25, 2010, 10:29:15 AM »
I have a 2007 vw Jetta i have a tail light bulb out . The last one the dealership changed cause they pulled a fast one on me and told me i could not do it myself. I looked at it today and there is access panel that i didn't know see before lol it blended in with the carpet but anyways i see that you can get to the tail light electrical plugs and it appears you have to remove the whole tail light assembly to replace the bulb by removing the 2 10mm nuts is this true and it there more to this because i really don't want to get in to anything excessive don't have the time place or  patience to have a headache over a stupid ass bulb.

Offline GeezVR4

• ^^^RUNS!!!YEZZIR!!!
    • 216octane
Re: change tail light bulb in vw jetta
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2010, 07:13:59 PM »
I have a 2007 vw Jetta i have a tail light bulb out . The last one the dealership changed cause they pulled a fast one on me and told me i could not do it myself. I looked at it today and there is access panel that i didn't know see before lol it blended in with the carpet but anyways i see that you can get to the tail light electrical plugs and it appears you have to remove the whole tail light assembly to replace the bulb by removing the 2 10mm nuts is this true and it there more to this because i really don't want to get in to anything excessive don't have the time place or  patience to have a headache over a stupid ass bulb.

Aint nothin to it but to do it. I believe i did one before awhile back i think theres little clips that hold in alittle electrical panel that pulls the bulbs out with it
1991 Mitsubishi Galant VR4 #1707/2000

Offline IRACEMYCOPCAR

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2010, 07:22:26 PM »
You would be better off keeping the bulb and replacing everything else around it  :up:
'97 Camry
'91 Supra Turbo

Offline cjordan217

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2010, 09:52:40 PM »
ok thanks just making sure i know germans aren't the easiest things in the world to work on.

Offline nrowensby

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2010, 07:26:15 AM »
Haven't changed them on that body VW; but on every VW/Audi I have had, the electrical "tray" with all the bulbs on it would unsnap and you changed the bulbs like that.

Also, It's probably outlined perfectly in the manual for the car...

Offline cjordan217

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2010, 04:36:25 PM »
just did it piece of cake took total 5 min and i also went to the bathroom. Dealership told me that it would be kinda of a pain to do but it is by far the easiest i have ever done car wise.

Offline SloS13

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2010, 08:53:59 PM »
just did it piece of cake took total 5 min and i also went to the bathroom. Dealership told me that it would be kinda of a pain to do but it is by far the easiest i have ever done car wise.

Don't leave us in suspense like that.  #1 or #2?
I has a turbo miata again

Offline cjordan217

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2010, 03:43:15 PM »

Offline SloS13

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2010, 08:56:07 PM »
I has a turbo miata again